Saturday 22 December 2012

It’s what I call relationship!

I’ve found someone I didn’t know before.
Someone who has always been there
and I didn’t even realise it.
My dad.

He left this earth many years ago but I feel him in my heart.
I know he’s there for me.
He was watching me, guiding me, crying with me, from the very start.
I found a journal about him,
details of his life and what he did for me before I was even born.
I read it each day, drink it in, not because I have to but because I want to know.
Because I love him.

He did certain things in his life, treated people a certain way.
I want to mirror that, I want to be like him.
I adopt his ways, not because I have to,
but because I want to know what it’s like to live like him.
Because I love him.

There’s certain things he does, his message of love,
things that rebel against this world’s ways.
I know what people say.
I’m not trying to impress, trying to gain gold stars to be recognised as walking in his path, no.
I do because I love him.

I try to break my pride that creeps in and tries to out-do my brothers and sisters.
I don’t want to live for them.
I don’t want to live for me.
I want to live for him.
Because I love him.

You look at me and criticise saying ‘why do you live those religious ways?’.
‘Religion’ I say? Religion is misdefined by too many.
What i do i do because I love him.
Because Jesus loves me.

I live a life where he wipes away my tears,
he comforts me when I am paralysed by fears,
I live a life in the knowledge that he hears my call,
he blesses me and guides me so I can live wise not as a fool.

What I do...?
Why do you have to ‘religious’ it?
To me, it’s plain simple,
it’s real, it’s raw, it’s relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment