Tuesday 21 August 2012

Undeserving; forever serving

You never cease to bless,
in a world full of hate that pollutes my soul.
You wash me clean;
save me from destroying it all.

Time and time again I wander close,
to the line where death taints perfect love.
I brush it with my trembling toes,
fearful of a world I find too tough.

This fear is a lie I’ve let in.
Lost focus on the truth of why I remain.
Oh spirit lead me back to love,
wash over and remove this vile stain.

Each day you draw me closer,
provisions surround me everywhere I go.
The people I encounter,
lead me to the one I need to know.

A thankful line I struggle to say,
my selfish way controls my mind,
Each day the word chips through the dark,
your light breaks grip from sinful bind.

Perseverance surrounds your name;
you never quit on me.
I spat in your face, I stabbed your side,
I trampled grace for greed.

But you removed me from broken life,
your hand took mine to mend,
a heart undeserving of blessings Lord,
But now I’ll serve until the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment