Thursday 13 December 2012

A father who inspires

I'd write a soppy poem dad,
but it would only make you cry.
To rhyme just what you mean to me,
seems unworthy, but I'll try...

I remember once, when at school,
I was asked who I admired;
'My dad' I said without a thought,
'he's a father who inspires'.

It wasn't just cos you were in a band,
although that's majorly cool,
but to tour the world through rock and roll,
whilst keeping hold of your soul?

Now that's something that makes a statement dad, bigger than all national banks.
A real message of steadfast faith,
and I just wanna say thanks.

Thank you for being the wise man,
the leader of the pack.
For keeping us afloat for so many years,
for never holding us back.

You never stop encouraging,
all my crazy ideas,
you taught me to embrace the creative,
to just do, and defeat my fears.

You pap, may zone out to space sometimes,
and dream of saving the day,
but truth is, you already wrote the script,
a hero of present I’d say.

I used to think you slept til noon,
brewed beer and printed flyers,
who knew behind the leather jacket,
was a father who simply inspires!

No comments:

Post a Comment